Tuesday 3 June 2014

Graduate sets up Elite Performance Consultancy

Our Sports Coaching degree provides a platform to many different careers in the world of sport.

Carl Cunningham has used his qualification to pursue his passion for Performance Analysis, combining Master's studies with demonstrator work within UCLan's School of Sport, Tourism and The Outdoors.

He has also found time to establish a new company, providing analysis services to lower level sports clubs. We spoke to Carl to find out more:

"I founded Elite Performance Consultancy with Andy Burgess earlier this year. I originally worked with Andy at Preston North End Women's FC while I was finishing my Sports Coaching degree, where we discussed how essential it is for clubs to use a range of performance tools.

"With Andy's knowledge of the football world, having played professionally, we've set up the company to target sports clubs lower down the professional ladder and to offer them a range of services at affordable prices.

"My main role is on the performance analysis side of things. Having qualified with a Sports Coaching degree and now completing my Master's at UCLan, I was interested in moving into performance analysis, taking up opportunities the university provided me with.

"As part of my working role with UCLan I work closely with students who want to further themselves in analysis. I speak regularly with clubs to set up placements and make sure students get the best opportunities they can.

"Knowing the difficulties involved in getting paid roles after graduating, I thought this was an ideal opportunity to start to provide students and graduates the chance of paid work and keep them involved with analysis.

"Elite Performance Consultancy offers more than just Performance Analysis to clubs, including opposition scouting, pre-season planning and coaching courses which will introduce younger players to these types of performance indicators."

For more information about the company please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment